Sunday, February 24, 2013

This is What Closure Looks Like

We met to break up in person at a coffee shop and smiled at each other the entire time.  It felt more like a date than a breakup, which made me question again why we were not dating, even though I implicitly knew the answer.

"In short, you talk too much," is what he said.  "But you should keep it like that.  That's who you are and it's great."

I tried to argue but then realized I was talking too much.

I subscribe to a dating truism that the core of someone's character comes out during a breakup.  How do they handle conflict?  Hurting another person?  Making plans for a future friendship or lackthereof?

And if two people can sit down over coffee, thank each other for a good time, laugh at our dating personalities, consent to possible booty calls in the future, and agree to look out for potential matches for the other person, I would say both he and myself passed the character test with flying colors.

Moving on to potential first date #38.

No comments:

Post a Comment