Sunday, June 29, 2014

Uncharted Territory

On our second date, #65 told me what he was looking for in a partner:  "I want someone who inspires me to be better," he explained.  In all my years of boyfriends and dating, no one has ever said those words, and my eyes snapped open because that's what I'm looking for too.

There have been fourth and now fifth dates and my interest grew steadily as we talked about our passions, religions, past heartbreaks, and relationships with our parents.  Last night we stayed awake until 3 and then fell asleep face-to-face, holding each other.  When I woke up I wasn't rushing to leave or bemoaning a horrible decision from the night before.  I looked at him, and I wanted to know more.

I like him, which complicates everything.  I am not apathetic; I want him to want me back.  The looming question is "Does he like me enough to want the same?"

My feelings are on the line.  It's been awhile, and it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment