Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sex On a Houseboat

He KILLED our third date, nailed it in the best way possible, and in the same way my Brooklyn one-night stand did, rectified three years of dating misery.  Without even asking me out, he confidently texted "Come to my place and I'll make dinner."  A Seattle man with a plan!  What woman would refuse?

His place was a houseboat in Shilshole Marina on Puget Sound.  I heard nothing but the waves and seagulls in his neighborhood, and the sun was starting to set behind the Olympics when I arrived at 8 pm.

Beet risotto and spinach salad was the meal, which he cooked himself, as we listened to his favorite Spotify playlist and drank wine.  He was in control in the kitchen, a sexy quality that has never been a requirement but is always a turn-on.  He knew how to dice and slice, how to add spices and cook the risotto al dente.  Plates and napkins were set and we ate at a TABLE- not a couch or facing a television.  We talked about our families and goals, even briefly discussed past relationships and why they failed.  I am used to feeling apathy on dates, but with him I was engaged; my heart rate rose and my brain became alert as I actually paid attention to what a man was saying.

"I really like kissing you," he said as we started to make out.

"I like kissing you too," I replied, "but I also like talking to you, which doesn't happen often with my dates."  He laughed and agreed.

That night, after nervously asking "Do I have your consent?",  he took my houseboat virginity.  It was meaningful and beautiful and just like I'd always dreamed of.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment