Saturday, June 14, 2014

Good Date Alert!

They happen, every so often, and I cling to that "I'm having a great time" feeling when I'm sad and thinking there are no men left in the world who I could possibly connect with.
 
This one came off of OkCupid in the form of a white engineer from the Midwest.   On the surface he didn't seem like my type, but when he started to talk about how he hitchhiked from Michigan to Seattle and wanted to go back to school to be an astronaut, I knew that he was crazy enough to hold my interest.  On the first date we sat in Gasworks Park until 10:30 on a Tuesday night and talked about what drugs we'd done and my method of birth control.  The second date involved polishing off a bottle of wine on the field at Cal Anderson and covering the time he was arrested (Is it even POSSIBLE for me to be attracted to someone who hasn't been?!?).  A vodka soda and tequila shot later we were dancing at Havana, discovering our mutual affinity for 90s hip hop. 
 
"Is it horrible that I kind of love R. Kelly's music?" I asked.
 
He lifted me up into a giant hug on the dance floor, the first time we touched each other.  "I'm so glad you said that!  I think that all the time!" 
 
At some point in the evening, he confessed that I was the first person he'd gone on a second date with who he met off the internet, and I confessed right back that he was my sixty-fifth first date since my last relationship.
 
"Wow, I bet you've got some crazy stories.  You should blog about them or something."
 
"Well," I started off slowly, "funny you should mention that..." 
 
We found ourselves making out on a lawn chair on my rooftop deck after midnight, below a gibbous moon and a cloudy Seattle sky.  He lowered my pants and put his mouth on me.  I did not stop him.
 
"I have a favor to ask of you," I said as we were kissing afterwards.
 
"What more could you possibly need?," he joked, "I just gave you oral sex on your rooftop!"
 
The favor is the same for every man who I like.
 
"When you want to stop seeing me, please send me a text message and let me know."
 
He looked confused.  "You shouldn't overthink it.  You blog about dating, so you overthink it too much."
 
Noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment