Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I have one good thing to say about the date that I just got back from, and that is that Bar Sue on 14th and Union makes an incredible gin and housemade tonic.

The man, who incidentally was nominated by a prominent Seattle media source as one of the "most interesting singles in Seattle," was pretty fucking boring.  I am certain he felt the same about me.  After an hour of forced conversation, I realized that my date and the (male) bartender had better chemistry than we did, and I silently sipped that heavenly gin and tonic while they chitchatted.  He paid for my drink, and I shoved a $10 bill in his direction because I would never make a guy pay for such a painfully awkward hour of life.  We succumbed to the dating defeat and gave up on conversation as we left the bar.  At the street corner saying goodbye, our faces broke into huge grins for the first time the entire night, both of us obviously relieved that the date was over.  There was a hug and a "thanks for meeting up tonight!", then I immediately deleted his number from my phone as I walked down the street, confident that he would never contact me again.

That was a great gin and tonic.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment