Monday, January 19, 2015

Welcome!

It appears that I have some new readers!  Thanks for stopping by, Wellesley sisters.  Let me explain myself.

My name is R____, and I'm a born-and-raised Seattleite.  I try and do good things to help the world, like save lives in my career at a community health center, buy food from farmers markets, and avoid clothes made in sweatshops.  Like many of my Pacific Northwest brethren I am politically liberal, outdoorsy, and a vegetarian.  I am also Jewish and 32 years old. I date men and one day, I hope to date the same man for more than a month, marry him, and create some little people that we can raise together.

I spent my twenties bouncing around the world, getting a couple degrees and learning languages before moving back to Seattle at age 29, hoping to find love in the Emerald City and make it my home.  I thought that if I put some effort into dating I'd find a boyfriend in about six months- maybe twelve.  It has now been over three years.

There have been 73 first dates so far- most off the internet- although I'm outgoing and meet men in person as well.  I call my blog The Fourth Date because if I make it to four dates with the same man, that is a BIG DEAL.

I have a type:  Men who have been arrested.

I have a definite NOT type:  Men who work in tech...  I have a flip phone.

Dating likes:  Compassion, fun, men who can relate to people from different backgrounds, good sex, humility, corduroys, high energy levels, alcohol drinkers.

Dating dislikes:  Beards, flannel, plaid, arrogance, polyamory, bad sex, anal sex, Amazon, Microsoft, racist/classist comments, boring men.

I try my best to be an honest and ethical dater because I know we all have feelings on the line.  Sometimes I still fuck up. 

My friends say my disastrous love life is a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

I disagree. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment