Sunday, November 10, 2013

Three Months

I have been sleeping with Recovering Alcoholic for three months now- my longest running romance in the last 2.5 years- and we are not even dating.  In fact, ever since I told him on our third date that I didn't see a relationship developing, we have not met up anywhere outside of my apartment.  I would describe it as a "booty call +".  It is more than sex.  It is far less than a relationship.

I was having a bad day and found myself drinking alone at a bar doing a crossword puzzle.  I wanted company and although I wasn't in the mood to have sex, I sent him a text message asking him to meet.  I missed his familiarity.  I needed him to sit next to me, to let me rest my head on his shoulder.  He is kind and supportive, and while his personal life is messy, he has been respectful of limits and avoided bringing his baggage into our non-relationship.  At that moment, there was no one else who I wanted to be with.

He had other plans, he said.  I was disappointed.

We met up late that night, at an hour given by God for the sole purpose of booty calls.  He went through the usual motions- unbuttoned and unzipped, pushed a little here and nibbled a little there, but he could tell my crappy day weighed on me and my mind was elsewhere.

"You just want to be held, right?"

I nodded.

"That's okay, I can do that."

And he did.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment