Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Good Time

Yet this isn't a sex blog- it is a dating blog.  The two are easily confounded.  I wish that they would come together more often because sex when you are dating someone, when there is the hope of a relationship on the horizon, is great.  Sex for the sake of sex leaves me feeling a little lonely over the next week.  Depending on the circumstance, I either wonder what I did wrong for him not to contact me again or I feel like a slut for sleeping with someone I'm not that into.  Or a little bit of both.  The aftermath is never as fun as the process unless, of course, you are dating and you plan on doing it again.

So back to dating, which usually for me does not involve sex.  I went on three dates with the same man recently.  It was great!  He was awesome and we had a ton in common.  We did not have sex.  In fact, we didn't even kiss.  We met for a drink on date #1, went to a concert on date #2, and made dinner together on date #3, all for the purpose of getting to know each other to see if romance developed.

It didn't, but I'm okay with that because it was a good time (see blog title!).  He was interesting and I took away from our conversations some knowledge that I may use in the future.  If I run into him on the streets of Seattle I'll probably remember his name, and I'll say hi.  This is what I had thought dating would be like when I started several years ago.

Success!  It's all relative.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment