Thursday, January 10, 2013

I Tried

I have to hand it to this man for taking me on a very pleasant date.  While it's not difficult to find vegetarian food in Seattle, he perused online menus before choosing an Italian restaurant with plenty of options.  He showed up to the restaurant early and not wearing flannel.  We had a nice conversation that flowed naturally, and he asked me an appropriate amount of questions about myself to show his interest.  He is clearly successful and is looking for a meaningful relationship.

In a very classy move, he had given our waitress his credit card before I came so there would be no arguing about who was paying the bill.  He walked me to my car and kissed me on the cheek.

He was intelligent and polite and a great catch for some woman out there, but I cannot, and will not, force a connection that I don't feel.  So when he asked me out again, although it pained me to turn down a quality guy, I ultimately said no.  I'm searching for that elusive spark.

Moving along, to 37 first dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment