Thursday, January 17, 2013

Holy Shit

I had a good date.  He was cute, funny, and smart.  He owns his own business and home.  He is liberal and values involvement with the community.  A mutual friend suggested we meet, not because we have anything in common, but because we both date a lot- although as I reflect, that shows we have a lot in common.  We met up for a walk around Greenlake and after doing the three mile loop, he suggested we get a drink.  Moving on to Round 2 on a first date is always a good sign.

We spent most of our time talking about dating and relationships, what they mean to us and why they have failed in the past.  After a pint of beer I let it slip that I had a blog.  He reacted well and told me that he liked my outlook on dating.  We agreed that we'd like to see each other again, and our first date ended with a hug.  I'd say that is a pretty typical conclusion for one of my first dates, but this time I meant it.

Within an hour of our date he texted me and told me he had a good time, so I got a little nervous and confused when the three day mark passed and he didn't contact me again.  But playing it cool, on the fourth day, he sent me an email:

"So when is our second date going to be?"

Confident and casual, just how I like my men.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment