Thursday, July 5, 2012

Putting the Passive back in Passive Aggressive

I went on a bomb-ass date this week with a guy from Match.  Chemistry was there, and about ten minutes into the date I decided that I would sleep with him if given the opportunity.  He wasn't a perfect fit for what I'm looking for and I'm not sure I see any long-term potential, but- even better- I see a lot of short-term potential!!!  I haven't been kissed since March, so short-term potential is pretty damn important right now.

Above all, the passive aggressiveness in Seattle is what kills me with dating.  He had a good time- I was sure of it- and I knew he was interested.  He initiated contact with me via text a couple days later, and the following messages were sent: 

Him:  Hope you had a great 4th.

Me:  I did.  I went hiking, although it involved ingesting more calories than I worked out.

Him:  Haha that is how mine usually are!

[Ten minute break in between text messages while I wait for him to ask me out...]

Him:  Any fun plans this weekend?

Me:  Hiking all day Saturday.  What are you up to?

Him:  Riding at some point.

[Another ten minute break before I get fed up and ask him out]

Me:  Well, want to do something fun when you're not riding and I'm not hiking?

Him:  I think we can figure something out ;)

Me:  You free Saturday night?  I could go out later in the evening.

Him:  I think I can do that.

Me:  You can check your busy dating schedule and get back to me.

Him:  Yes I can do that!

Thank God I went to a women's college.  If it wasn't for a healthy dose of feminism, things would be bleak around here...

No comments:

Post a Comment