Sunday, November 20, 2011

The One That Got Away

iTouch28's profile pictures were attractive enough, so when he messaged me through a dating website I responded.  I thought it was a little odd that he called me "shorty" in his initial correspondence, but hey, it showed personality.  After writing for a few days, he made a minor adjustment to his profile to include the fact that...  he had a daughter!  It was a bit of a curveball- not the ideal situation for me but also not a dealbreaker.  Not a dealbreaker, that is, until several hours later he removed his confession about having a daughter from his profile, as well as the picture he had just posted with him and his child.  Upon second thought, it seemed, telling the truth about his reproductive history wasn't such a hot idea.

Not to fear, however, because he had replaced the picture of him and his daughter with a new image!  Photo #2 displayed him proudly wearing a wifebeater shirt with a print of a hand in "the shocker" and the words that every woman wants to read on her potential date's clothing: "two in the pink and one in the stink."

I thought he was classy and a real catch.  I started dreaming about our first date, hoping he'd get me drunk on wine coolers and show me a good time in the back of his pickup truck.  But the fatal blow to our future happiness came with one final change to his dating profile.

"I don't masturbate nearly enough," he confided to the entire internet dating world.

I wasn't sure exactly how often he masturbated, but I was confident that it was enough.

I never called him like I said I would.  One week later he sent me a message wondering what happened, how he thought we'd had a good thing going and then I dropped off the face of the earth.  He sent me his number again, in case I lost it.  I told him I had a new boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment