Sunday, November 13, 2011

He left my apartment that day and never came back.  Youth and unplanned parenthood won out over a 29 year old woman with a master's degree who has lived abroad, speaks two languages, gets paid a good salary to help people for a living, and is also- if I do say so myself- a pretty kick-ass girlfriend.  

But this blog is not about an exboyfriend who screwed me over.  In the end, I realized that a man who lies to his girlfriends and chooses his partner because she is young and has a cute kid probably does not have the values that I want in loving relationship anyway. 

Rather, this blog is about the world of dating that I was thrown into, as I try to find someone who makes me as insanely happy as he once did.  Minus the lying, of course.

I embarked on this dating journey in Seattle, home to the most passive-aggressive and facially hairy men on the planet.  I have listened to my dates talk about indie music, their philosophy undergrad majors, sustainable coops, sustainable agriculture, sustainable development, and sustainable economics as we drink microbrews and I sit there, generally uninterested in anything besides flagging down the waitress for the check and getting the fuck out of there.

I am looking for love.  I will settle for a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment