Monday, September 1, 2014

Seattle, I hate you.  I just sat at the bar in The Elysian by myself, and you know what?  A man sat down and talked to me.  I will give my readers a chance to process because I'm in disbelief myself...  In a bar, in Seattle, a man approached me.  You read that correctly.  I should buy a lotto ticket.

He was an archaeologist with the National Park Service and had fascinating stories about meeting with indigenous tribal leaders to preserve ancient stone art.  He had a PhD, fully-funded, from a prestigious university.  He was hot and did not have a beard.

Aaaaaaaaaand he didn't live in Seattle but was in town for a conference.  Shocking.  Screw this city, where a million tech guys WHO LOOKED EXACTLY THE SAME invaded downtown for a videogame convention this weekend, but I have never met a local professional archaeologist.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment