Sunday, April 27, 2014

#63

He was great and just the reintroduction to internet dating I was looking for.  We met up at Greenlake, walked around the loop, and had a good enough time to agree to Round Two and get coffee.

I specifically went out with him because his profile on OkCupid mentioned social justice, which has been a major point of disconnection between me and my dates.  I don't think I need my partner to save the world, but he has to have more than a cursory knowledge of what life is like outside the middle to upper class demographic.  This man was a public high school teacher and passionate about education.  He clearly loved his job and gave a damn about giving youth opportunities and guidance.  He was also athletic, articulate, thoughtful, and definitely attractive.

The only problem was, I wasn't attracted to him.  I spent a lot of the date trying to piece out why the right chemistry wasn't there, and I somewhat regretted meeting him for an alcohol-less afternoon walk.  Had there been booze, we might have been touching each other and thinking of the next steps to take, but my iced green tea was doing nothing for building a romance.

The date lasted about two hours.  We walked together toward my car, and he said he would like to see me again.  "I'll be in touch," he assured me, as he gave me a hug.

We had a ton in common and I would have given it another shot had he called, but he didn't.  I've never been shy when it comes to indicating my interest, and I considered sending him a text message asking him out again. "But why?", I countered to myself.  Had he been interested he would have followed up.  The reality was, we both enjoyed ourselves, but the spark was missing.

On a positive note-  for all you single females, there is a totally decent, fun, hot teacher on the market in Seattle.  Go get him!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment