Saturday, February 8, 2014

Still Seattle, Still Awkward

Meanwhile, in OkCupidland, the men are still totally weird and socially inept.  I walked past my date who I just went out with 2 weeks ago (Bar Sue has the best gin and tonic ever!!!) and would have said hello if he hadn't gone out of his way to avoid all eye contact and pretend that he was completely fascinated by the scenery in the opposite direction. 

Okay, you hated the date with me.  I get it.  Now want to be an adult and say "hi" since we live in the same neighborhood and might run into each other occasionally? 

Then even better, I got a message from a man who I went out with in June.  I'd had what I would describe as an above average time- no clear sparks but I would have gone out again had he asked.  I never heard from him again, that is, until this week, when I got the following message:

"I super wanted to make out with your sexy self ages ago, then we lost contact. What happened?"
 
I responded by stating exactly what happened:
 
"I sent you a text message saying I had a fun time, then I never heard from you again so I assumed you weren't interested. Should I have interpreted the lack of followup as you wanting to make out with me? 

Anyways, I'd be down to hang out again if you want."

He never responded and promptly disabled his OkCupid account.

Will the man who I met on Superbowl Sunday put an end to this madness?  First date tomorrow!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment