Sunday, February 16, 2014

Photographer

Photographer and I slept together for about six weeks, and he grew on me.  While we never technically went on a second "date," we would spend the night at each other's homes and developed a nice level of intimacy.  I felt comfortable with him, and I think he felt the same about me.  We both led our own lives and went about our routines independently.  We did not invite the other out on Saturday nights, but we knew that we'd be there for each other when we were drunk at 1 am and wanted company.  He cared enough about me to drive me home the next morning but not enough to make breakfast together.  I couldn't tell if our arrangement relieved or disappointed us.  We both deserved more, but did we want it from each other?

Above all, I loved that he was drama-free.  He didn't care if I dated other people, didn't bombard me with text messages, didn't smother me.  He has a friendly relationship with his child's mother and pays his child support without complaining.  When I think about what I want in a partner, this essential quality comes to mind.

So when I sent him a Facebook message tonight letting him know that I met someone else who I'm going to pursue, I started crying.  I was certain it was fine to end our non-relationship booty calls over social media, but I was shocked at how much it upset me.  I'm sure he was a little disappointed, but shedding tears?  Highly doubtful.

True to his character, he was understanding and avoided drama.

"Oh no worries at all. Thanks for letting me know. We should absolutely keep in touch! Don't be a stranger if I see you around."

It made me miss him more.  Great guy, just not the one for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment