Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Regrets Post

Heading into 2014, I have regrets.

I regret that when I told the man I was dating last winter to send me a text message if he didn't want to keep seeing me, I didn't specify NOT to send a breakup text message on the second day of a week long trip to Maui. That really blew.

I furthermore regret that I blogged about details of our sex life while we were dating, although I don't regret it enough to not put the post back up in a future entry. That will probably happen soon.

I regret all of the times I had sex on a second date.

In fact, I regret many of my second dates.

I regret sleeping with the man in New York who lived on the Upper West Side. The night before I'd had a really wonderful evening with a different man, and having sex with a banker who I didn't connect with only 24 hours after spending the night with a cinematographer in Brooklyn made me feel lonely and cheap.

I regret that I only seem to meet men off the internet when I am on vacation in New York.

I regret beards and flannel, obviously.

I regret that I don't have the straightforwardness to end bad dates within 20-30 minutes by politely saying I'm not interested and that I instead spend 60-90 minutes on dates with men who think I'm having a great time.

I regret that last year, when a man who spent the night went through all of my prescription medications while I was asleep, I didn't tell him that was totally inappropriate and a violation of my privacy.

I regret paying $100 for a match.com membership. Do I get a refund if the biggest "success" I had off their website was second-date sex with a man who I never talked to again?

I regret Microsoft and Amazon.


I regret polyamory because it's really weird.

I regret one of the two fourth dates that I have been on since my last relationship. The fourth date that I don't regret is with the man who broke up with me via text message while I was in Hawaii.  A functional relationship was not meant to be, but a fourth date absolutely was.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment