Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Number 55

I agreed to go out with my date tonight because of a single sentence in his OkCupid profile:

"I am NOT like your typical Seattle man."

He was born and raised in New York.  I had to give it a shot.

Points scored for showing up on time, shaving, and avoiding flannel.

But as he talked nonstop and didn't ask me a single question about myself the entire evening, I found myself thinking he could use a few tips about Pacific Northwest passiveness.

At some point he gave his opinions on humanitarian aid:

"I have a friend who's going down to Honduras to work in a village with Doctors With Borders or some shit like that." 

Yes, he said Doctors With Borders.  I did not mistype. 

"I mean, it's so dumb!  He's not gonna save anyone and he's just gonna get himself killed in the process.  He'd be better off making a few million dollars and bombing the shit out of whoever's in charge because their government isn't doing anything to help them."

My thoughts exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment