Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Standards Met!

All that was on my mind for the 1.5 hours that I sat in a bar with my date last night was that I would have sex with him if he asked me to.

He had been in jail before, had a history of drug addiction (now clean), was an atrocious speller, lives in a sober house with three roommates, and makes about $25,000 a year.  A slough of dealbreakers for most women, but my readers know me well.  He was fun, and I was interested.

I have two standards that a man must meet to move on to another date:

1)  I have to want to have sex with them.
2)  I have to enjoy spending time with them when we don't have sex.

For the majority of dates, my minimal standards at not being met.  But this man was different.

He asked me if I'd ever consider being a stripper.  "I mean, it's not on my list of things to do, but I can't say I'd definitely never do it."

"So what are things you would never do?"

That is a tough question.  I don't like absolutes, and I'm down for most anything.

I paused for a solid twenty seconds.  "I'd never do heroin.  Probably wouldn't do meth either."

He didn't pause at all:  "Well would you do a heroin or meth user?"

Hot.

He reassured me that he'd never actually done heroin or meth, not that it mattered at this point.  It was the first time I'd felt any sort of connection from an OkCupid date, and I was not going to be picky about silly things like IV drug use.

I was, however, very concerned about his beard.  Could I ever kiss him?  Why men take a gorgeous face and cover it with facial hair, I will never understand.  Beards have been solid dealbreakers for me in the past, but having just signed a contract binding me to Seattle and its dating scene for two more years, I realize I have little choice in the matter.  Men in Seattle have beards.  I want to date men.  Until I leave this city, I have no choice but to adapt.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment