Monday, July 8, 2013

Am I Undateable???

Is the question going through my head over the last week.  The man from speed dating never responded to my email and I sent out several OkCupid messages without hearing back. 

True statement: In the last 12 months I have slept with six men.

True statement: In the last 12 months I have held hands with one man. 

And so the insecurities that plague all single women in their thirties set in.  I need to lose weight.  I should be less slutty.  I should be more slutty.  I need to be more outgoing/quiet/artistic/scientific/geeky/chic/athletic.  I should get a PhD.  And an MD.  I'm only fluent in two languages- why don't I speak a third?...  No man is ever going to love me!!!

Then I calm the fuck down and remind myself of two things: 

1)  I am awesome.

2)  With one unfortunate exception, my exboyfriends are awesome.  And so is the man from New York who was only man in the last year to hold my hand.

It has been two years since I was in a relationship, but finding a partner takes time when the standard is awesomeness.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment