Monday, June 3, 2013

Geography

I went out with a lawyer in his late 30s last week.  Things were looking promising, by which I mean he looked like his internet pictures and could hold a conversation.  Then the following happened...

Me:  "I'm a vegetarian, but I'm not super strict about it.  Like, if I'm in another country where vegetarian food isn't available or I can't communicate in the language, I'll eat meat."

Lawyer:  "So basically you'd eat meat anywhere outside of the US or Canada?"

Me:  "Well I speak Spanish, so it would really have to be outside of North and South America."

Lawyer:  "Oh.  But in Argentina you'd be able to eat meat!"

Me:  "Um, they speak Spanish in Argentina."

Lawyer:  "Really?  What's the country in South America where they don't speak Spanish?"

Me:  "Brazil.  They speak Portuguese."

Lawyer:  "Are you sure?"

Yes.  I'm sure.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment