Sunday, November 1, 2015

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Contract signed, sealed, and delivered!  I took a job in Portland starting in February, and if all goes according to plan, I will never, EVER see a man wearing a tech badge again. 

I haven't been blogging because I've been committing to "W___" at the same time as I've uncommitted myself to Seattle.  "W____" and I are kind of boring together.  We do things like make dinner and hold hands.  We have normal sex in the missionary position while we're sober.  In the morning, we get dressed and then go to breakfast.  He sends me sweet texts, unprompted, that say things like "I had an awfully nice day today thanks to you."  My brother and sister-in-law adore him, and my friends are so relieved that I'm spending time with a man who doesn't say confusing things that cause me anxiety and turmoil, like "We should have a kid together" or "I'm doing the exclusive dating thing with her...  I love you".

It's all well and good, but it's not blogworthy.  It's also not going to last. "W____" is perfect for me on these rainy Seattle nights when I crave companionship and touch, but it's a good time- not love- and never will be.

So the blog's not over by any means.  I'm just going to take a bit of a break while I enjoy playing the role of girlfriend for a couple months, because it's kinda nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment