Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Date Two Years in the Making (if it was, in fact, a date)

Two years and five months of sporadic dick pictures and requests for me to fly to Colorado culminated in my encounter with "D_____" on Tuesday evening, when he hitchhiked out of the North Cascades to Seattle to make his Wednesday flight to Denver.  We'd had plans to hang out that night, which he asked permission to alter:  "Do you want to hang out with just me or is it okay if we go to dinner with my friends too?"

I wasn't sure it mattered, which summed up my interest.

I rang the doorbell of a home in Greenwood and D____ answered with bloodshot eyes, a clear indication of the amount of marijuana he'd already consumed.  He asked if I wanted to see his climbing pictures on his phone, which I did, and as I was browsing through images a text came in from another woman:

"It's such a nice night here.  I wish you were around so we could watch the stars together."

I didn't even care.  Operation Get R____ Laid was in full force, so I turned a blind eye and passed the phone back, "Someone's texting you."  He'd already told me he wasn't seeing anyone, and I liked that theory better.

We went to a brewery with his friends and he continued to smoke, stating "I want to go to a Van Gogh art gallery right now," because we totally have those all over Seattle.  By the time we finished eating and went back to the Greenwood home, it was already 10:30.

"I have to get up at 6 and go to work tomorrow," I explained.  "What's your plan?  Are you staying here or are you coming back with me?"

"What do YOU want me to do?" he countered back, refusing to answer the basic question.

"I would like for you to come back, but I don't want you to feel like you have to."

He thought about it for a moment, then gave his answer.  "I mean, I'm not opposed to going back with you."

FUCK YEAH!!!!  "Not opposed" sounded like an enthusiastic "yes" to me!  We said goodbye to his friends and made our way to my apartment.

I did feel bad, because I could tell he was exhausted and stoned, so I wanted to clarify that there were no obligations:

"We can just go to sleep.  I know you're tired, and I don't want you to feel like we need to have sex just because we're in the same bed."

I undressed in a different room and put on pajamas.  He did the same.  We got into bed together on separate sides and I fully expected to fall asleep, but he started to touch me, and I responded.  He was tired but he was also a man, and tired men like sex too. 

I'd give it a solid 5 out of 10 stars, which I believe is as many stars possible for first time sex on a Tuesday night with a man who is completely baked and "not opposed."

I don't think it quite qualifies as a date, though, so I'm going to hold the count at 77 because, you know, I like to keep my numbers low.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment