Sunday, July 5, 2015

Am I Getting Laid on Tuesday?????

I am straight-up lonely, having no real desire to try and forge a meaningful relationship before I spend seven weeks hiking along the Pacific Crest Trail and then likely peace out of Seattle.  At night I have sex dreams and during the day I miss my exboyfriends (at least the good ones), but going on more dates to try and achieve romance seems like an epic waste of time.  We've established that my odds of finding any sort of connection are exceedingly low.  I'd rather work on my crossword puzzle book for now and eventually try my luck in a different state.

Then last week, Crazy Colorado Man (see March 29th post) sent me a text saying he'd be climbing a few hours away from Seattle over the holiday weekend, and he needed a place to stay Tuesday night before he flies home.  Could he crash with me?

"Yes," I responded immediately and wayyyy too soon if you believe in playing hard-to-get.  I realized my error as soon as I sent the text and consoled myself with the fact that at least I didn't punctuate with a string of exclamation points like "Yes!!!!!", or go further and capitalize the letters like "YES!!!!!", which most accurately would have conveyed my feelings.

So here I am, by myself in Seattle, with two and a half years of text messages with this man riding on a single Tuesday night.  If the stars align for an above-mediocre evening, it couldn't come at a better time.   Physical intimacy would be nice, but I'd happily settle for some nervous anticipation, easy conversation, a bit of sexual tension, and a drink with a man who I know I have things in common with because we actually met in real life.

It could alternatively be really frickin' awkward, and I may wish I was working on my crossword puzzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment