Saturday, March 21, 2015

Macvae

Macvae and I met three months ago when I was wasted, dancing with my 24 year old coworkers at Tia Lou's- the trashiest club in Belltown.  I was on my way out when he introduced himself and asked me if I did drugs.

"Ecstasy and shrooms," I lied, having done neither in my life.  I lied some more and told him I was 24 years old.

"Really?  You look younger."

Was he lying too? 

He invited me back to his place in Renton to do acid, and I agreed to go, having absolutely no intention of going back to his place in Renton to do acid.  We exchanged numbers and I said I would be right back after I got food outside.

I left Tia Lou's and never returned, drunk enough to meander to The Hurricane** by myself at 2 am and inhale a stack of pancakes, but still with enough intact judgment to ignore his repeated phone calls and messages.

Today I deleted Macvae's number from my phone. 

Moral of this story?

I sometimes make excellent decisions.

** This amazing, 24 hour diner opened in 1994 and closed on the first day of 2015, after Amazon purchased the land it was on to expand their headquarters.  I miss The Hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment