Sunday, February 15, 2015

We Had IPAs at Third Place Books

#74 was just as amazing as I thought he'd be- and by "amazing," I mean he was totally normal and attractive and could hold a conversation.

Unfortunately, I seemed to disappoint him.  We had a nice, intelligent conversation, but I could tell from the moment we met that it just wasn't there for him and therefore, it wasn't there for me either.  "Am I appropriately representing myself online?", I second-guessed.  All of my pictures are from the last two years, but maybe they could use an update?  I don't know where I went wrong, but I sensed that he felt he'd wasted his time.  I could see him going through the same motions that I do when I'm not into my date, trying to find meaning in an encounter that would otherwise be meaningless.  He wanted to learn about the Affordable Care Act and taking the ferry to Alaska, yet less because he cared about me and my experiences and more because he was using the date as an opportunity to get information.  I would feel worse about that except I have wasted my time on so many dates that I reason I owe payback to the men of Seattle.

"Did he have a good time?" is a less relevant question at this point in my dating career than "Did I have a good time?"  I did, so that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment