Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"Youth, and I Really Love Her Kid"

Whammy #2:

The Ex is engaged.  My third love and final heartbreak has committed to spend his life with the woman he preferred to be with because she was younger than me and had a child of his ethnic background.  The memory of him comparing me to her and explaining what she had over me, "youth, and I really love her kid," recurs every time I feel proud of an accomplishment.  Am I less likely to find love because of the successes I've earned?  I'd like to say I moved on, but it's three years later and here I am, occasionally stalking his Facebook profile.

My reaction was completely different from a few days before, when I found out Julio was engaged.  I didn't cry, wasn't angry, had no moments of bittersweet tenderness, and didn't even care that much.  I saw his recent engagement photos and my first thought was that I didn't find him attractive.  My second thought was that his small head and giant, toothy grin make him look stupid.  My third thought was that I never want engagement photos.  Waste of money!

Three years, still holding at 62 first dates.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment