Saturday, September 8, 2012

Whoops

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.  I fucked up.  Two months ago I went on a date with a man my friend suggested I should meet.  I had a good time, but he was quiet and soft-spoken- a little too reserved for my taste.  I did not feel any sparks so when he asked me out again, I told him that I'd had a good time but was not interested dating-wise.  I said I would want to hang out again as friends.  He sheepishly agreed. 

I was looking for a hiking partner this weekend, and I asked him if he wanted to come along.  Boulder-hopping and making marmot calls in the middle of Mt. Rainier National Park, I found myself  having a great time with a man I'd blown off  two months ago.  Why did I not see this before?  He was cute and smart and while still quiet, was easier to talk to once we'd spent several hours together and felt more comfortable.

I should have given it time before jumping into friendship mode.  Now I'm in the position of wanting to date someone who I specifically told I was not interested.  If my past experience with men is any indication, I feel like he would still date me. Can this be remedied with a couple beers?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment