Saturday, September 15, 2012

And Sometimes, Women are Mind Fucks

I did something last night that I've never done before:  I watched a movie with a man.

To be clear, in the past, I have watched ten minutes of a movie with many men.  By the time the plot gets going we are making out, headed towards horizontal land, movie forgotten.  I have a short attention span, and I would rather be having sex than sitting for two hours staring at a screen.  Usually the men I date are in agreement with this policy.

But last night, I went over the the home of my hiking buddy that I'd been having regrets about friend-zoning two months ago, and we watched a movie.  I mean, really watched a movie.  I tried my best to flirt, touched his arm, laughed, angled my body towards him, but I could not close the deal.  We sat inches apart on his sofa, both of us wishing that he had the guts to make a move.

And then I was reminded of why I friend-zoned him two months ago.  He is odd!  He is crazy-smart (I saw him solve a rubik's cube in under two minutes), attractive, and interesting to talk to, but he is a born-and-raised Seattle man: shy, passive, and a bit of a loner.  I find the geekiness endearing, but I wish it came with a splash of self-confidence.

After an hour of sitting side by side on his couch, I realized I was not going to get any.  I started to fall asleep, and I excused myself to go home.

Now I have to refriend-zone a guy who I tried to unfriend-zone after previously friend-zoning him.  Not complicated.  Not complicated at all.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment