Sunday, August 19, 2012

Close but no cigar

I met a man last night, at a bar in Fremont, and I could feel the instant chemistry that I've spent the last year searching for on the internet.  The second he was out of hearing range, I asked my mutual friend what she knew about him- was he single???

"He's engaged," she said.  I sighed frustration and went to sit in a different area to explore other possibilities.  But this man followed me a few minutes later, put his hand on my shoulder, and struck up the conversation again. 

After he'd had several beers, he laid it out on the table:  "Look, you are really cute and sweet, but I don't want to lead you on.  I've been with my girlfriend for seven years, and we're engaged."

The compliment was all I needed to hear.  The chemistry was mutual!  He said I was cute!  In a dating world where connections are so few and far between, I was happy to have those feelings shared- even if nothing was going to come from it.

"So since you're taken," I told him, "do you have any single friends?"

He did.  But his single friend deserves his own post on this blog.  To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment