Sunday, August 23, 2015

Actual text message exchange with Photographer, who I slept with on and off over a year ago, who is my friend on Facebook and knows I'm hiking on the PCT

Photographer:  "So are your legs pretty solid after that hike?"

Me:  "Yes."

Photographer:  "And did you need me to rub arnica on them?"

Me:  "I don't know what arnica is.  Don't you have a girlfriend?  Or are you guys in one of those fucky fuck Seattle open relationships?"

Photographer:  "It's a natural muscle treatment.  And yes I do have a girlfriend and yes we do see other people."

Me:  "Well, I'm down to get a drink and catch up but try and avoid leg massages from men with girlfriends."

Photographer:  "Ha!  I'm ok with that."

Me:  "It's my friend's birthday dinner tonight so I can text when it's over and see what you're up to."

Photographer:  "Sounds good."

FOUR HOURS LATER

Me:  "Heading out in 20 minutes.  What's your status?"

No response.

I bet he would have responded had I consented to the arnica rub.  Just a hunch.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment