Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ugh

I'm back to internet dating, which feels like a neverending chore.  I've been doing it for two years with no real successes- unless you count sex on the second date with a guy you never talk to again as success, which I don't.  I still do it because it's another avenue to meet people.  I'm social and make an effort to find dates in real life, but the internet has the allure of encountering someone who otherwise would never come across my path.  I have several friends who met live-in boyfriends or husbands online. It can work.

I psych myself up for meeting someone incredible, and then I read the profiles and want to cry.

There is lostinmordor who says "In case the name isn't a dead giveaway, I'm a classic nerd, hoping to meet others of my kind."

31pissedoff spends the first paragraph of his online profile explaining how his wife took his children and left him and how every day when he comes home from work, he wishes he was returning to his family.  I guess I'd be pissed off too.

BarbarianGeek lists Jurassic Park as one of his favorite movies.

And then there is ratherWASPy who, as anyone who has ever heard me talk about dating knows, is NOT my type.

We also have UW2005, apparently having had such a good experience at University of Washington undergrad eight years ago that he wanted to include it in his screen name.

And Magnetic_Heart and City_Adventure.  If you have to use your screen name to show you're caring or adventurous, you're probably not.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment